We work at engaging tribal communities in decision making processes. This is done by increasing their participation in gram sabhas, promoting collective effort and generating village developmental plans.
Our governance programmes work by forming pada samitis which are village level committees as per the amendment to the Bombay Gram Panchayat Act. We look into organising demands for suitable intervention, transparency and accountability with respect to the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, Forest Rights Act, Integrated Water Management Programme, Indira Awaz Yojana and Public Distribution System.
We also resort to legislative advocacy for issues related to tribal sub plans, flagship programmes etc.
In the last 8 years, we have impacted several people through our efforts. Following are some of the achievements that we have accomplished in the governance sector in the Jawhar-Mokhada areas:
- Aroehan has been appointed by the Government of Maharashtra to conduct Social Audit of NREGA in 185 gram panchayats of Maharashtra comprising of Mokhada, Roha and Sakhri blocks.
- We have conducted 2 special social audits at Buldhana district.
- The founder Director of AROEHAN is currently the Director of Social Audit, MGNREGA, Maharashtra.
- Formation of more than 20 pada samities
- Increased demand of work under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act